If you want to live stream or capture the screen of your DAW, including the DAW’s audio output (e.g. for youtube tutroials etc), you need to activate “Loopback” in your Steinberg Interfaces (like the UR22 MK 2 ). No extra Plugins are required!
With loopback enabled, the output signal from your DAW is internally routed to your Mic/Line inputs (channels 1 + 2) of your Steinberg Interface, allowing you to record the audio output stream of your DAW at the same time as it is played back.Or in shorter words: Loopback turns your Steinberg interface into a full duplex device.
Don’t forget to deactivate loopback again before you start recording your next instruments or vocals. Otherwise you can create a heavy feedback.
IMPORTANT:in your Screen Recorder (OBS Studio) you need to select the Mic input instead of Line input (see the screenshots below)
Setup OBS Studio
- open mic audio settings
- select properties
- select Line (2-Steinberg…
- Studio -> Studio Setup
- Select your Steinberg Interface (ASIO Driver)
- Control Panel -> Enable Loopback
- Options -> Audio Settings
- Select your Steinberg Interface (Device)
- Show Asio Panel -> Enable Loopback
- Options -> Preferences -> Audio
- Select Your Steinberg Interface (Audio Device)
- Hardware Setup -> Enable Loopback
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
NOTE: highly negative votes may be removed without any reasonable given feedback!
Tell us how we can improve this post?